Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Matcha swiss roll


I haven't made a swiss roll since I was in school doing a class in Home Economics.  Unfortunately, that said swiss roll didn't roll very well and I ended up with swiss 'fingers' instead.

This swiss roll however, turned out much, much better.  Very easy to roll and the matcha flavour was set off nicely with the whipped cream and anko (Japanese sweet bean paste) inside.  I got the recipe from a book by Junko, a clever lady who came up with the idea of making patterns on swiss rolls.

I have to say, though, that you have to be rather organized to make the different batters for the different parts of the pattern.  Other than that, it was quite straight forward to do.  The only thing I would do differently is pour the batter more carefully over the pattern to eliminate all the little air bubbles around it.


Happy Birthday, Diane!  I hope you enjoyed your cake. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment