Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pineapple tarts


When I was living in Singapore, pineapple tarts were a staple for any festive season, be it Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Diwali or even Christmas.  They are little pieces of butter pastry with a sweet and slightly tart pineapple filling and let me tell you, boy, are they addictive!  Pop one in your mouth and you can't stop!

Now that I am no longer living in Singapore, and there isn't an option of buying these from the local bakeries (I don't think they've even heard of them here hmmmm), I decided to bake some myself with the help of a friend who shared her recipe.


Now I must say they didn't turn out quite so perfect on my first attempt.  I think I may have overbaked them in all the excitement of making them, but they still hit the spot!

I will probably try to make another batch soon (the first one did not last very long around here!) and will share the recipe once I've sorted it out.  Stay tuned!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment